Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Feature Film: Zeitgeist - Addendum



This is a sequel to the movie "Zeitgeist" by Peter Joseph which was a web phenomenon from last year. The movie was very controversial and it has been attacked from many angles but I think it did what it set out to do: get people talking about the subjects.

In this sequel, Joseph spends all the time on something that was only a part of the original movie: the financial system. It is 2 hours long but the content was so fascinating to me that it went by very quickly. I'm not sure that I agree with all of the analysis but it is certainly something that makes me think. I think this movie might be more approachable than the original because it taps into something that everyone can relate to. It is still asking us to radically rethink the world around us but I think it does so more productively this time that will not be such a big turnoff to some people.

No comments: